Last year was like one of those books that wasn’t all that great, but you finished it and kept going because you really had no choice. I sat staring at my table, watching my computer for hours thinking of how to write the best blog I’d ever written for the New Year. But I’ll be honest. I haven’t quite been hit with the best ideas lately. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t have enjoyable moments in 2015. There were some great times and some heart breaking moments. I even rode on the struggle bus and the emotional roller coaster a few times. But I made it through and I’m stronger.
Let me point some positive moments:
1. A promotion at work. I’ve gained some pretty cool relationships at work that allows me to network more. Opportunity for advancements sounds like music to my ears right now.
2. I moved into a new home. Love the feel of fresh carpet and the smell of paint.
3. I learned that Sunday School is where I should be every Sunday. I don’t know every solution as a Christian. But there’s a lot more for me to learn.
4. I learned my plan is just that, MY plan.
5. Two new tattoos.
6. I learned that “water under the bridge” sometimes floods your life but it just makes you think quickly and go into survival mode.
7. I cut my hair again and learned that it’s the best hairstyle for me. I’m about that short hair life!
8. Paid it forward whenever I had the opportunity and didn’t think twice about it.
9. Loved whole heartedly and put my guard down. (It wasn’t so bad).
10. I was able to to take a vacation during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. I still have time that rolled over next year. Pure Awesomeness!
I wasn’t too excited about 2015 and am truly elated that I get another chance to do it over again in 2016. Not many of my goals were met for the previous year. But that’s ok. My number one thing to keep in mind is that I was blessed that God granted me more time. That’s all we can ask for, right? So here I am waving farewell to 2015 and greeting 2016 with open arms.
This is My Chapter 32, Page 1 of 365 in the book called Life. Some people, places and things will not be continued in Chapter 32. But it’s my prayer that God write better characters, expose me to new and better places and teach me new things in this chapter.
Happy New Year to each and every one of my family members, friends, readers and supporters. Let’s make 2016 an unforgettable book!